ERJ staff report (BC)
Schaumberg, Illinois – Sigma Plastic Services (SPP) offers its Sigmasoft 3D injection moulding simulation software as a means of designing moulds, identifying process windows and troubleshooting during production, on the basis of an accurate simulation of the curing reaction (vulcanisation).
The company says that developments in its thermal solver allow integration of all mould components and their individual temperature-dependent material handling characteristics. In this way, according to SPP, accurate reproduction of the real temperature profile in the mould is possible, even over several consecutive moulding cycles.
SPP cites the following capabilities for Sigmasoft:
• Moulding feasibility determination
• Initial process parameter determination
• Injection point positioning
• Acceptability/avoidance of weld lines
• Determination of injection pressure
• Heater design and power rating
• Thermocouple location for each heater
• Insert pre-heating and influence of inserts on curing
• Duration of curing cycle
• Locations of and reasons for late curing.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.