ERJ staff report (DS)
Beijing - China's tyre manufacturers are increasingly building capacity overseas. Currently there are five such projects, according to a report from the CRIA.
The primary location for these projects is south-east Asia. These decisions are being driven by the availability of natural rubber, said the report.
The projects include:
- Sailun Tyre to invest $95 million in Vietnam's Tay Ninh Fudong Industrial Park to make tyres, moulds and R&D
- Hangzhou Zongce to invest Yuan 10,000 million to build an industrial complex in Thailand. The unit will have capacity for 600,000 steel truck radial tyres, 1,000,000 motorcycle tyres, three million semi-steel radial truck tyre size, as well as the production of carbon black, rubber.
- Triangle Group to invest euro 250 million to make up to 4 million passenger car tyres in the Russian sphere
- Shandong Linglong is to build a plant in Thailand to make 2 million passenger car radials
- Shandong Ao Gerui tyre company is forming a US$200 million joint venture in Indonesia to make semi-steel radial tyres capacity will be 6 million passenger car radials and 1.2 million steel radial truck tyres.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
News story from CRIA (Chinese language)
Above story auto-translated (from Chinese language)