ERJ staff report (DS)
Mumbai, India - Apollo Tyres has honoured 14 Indian logistics fleets with a range of awards designed to increase the profile of India's fleet sector.
Among the winners, VRL Logistics based out of Hubli, Karnataka in the southern part of the country, won two awards in the large fleet category. With a fleet size of 3000+ vehicles, the company has a record 98% customer complaint resolution. It has conducted around 550 safety trainings resulting in lower accidents per truck. These proved to be the critical deciding factors for the judges and validating agency in awarding VRL as India's Fleet of the Year. What also went in VRL's favour was the level of radialisation, a high 60%, in comparison to 20% in commercial vehicles in India.
Other fleets to be honoured include
In the large fleet category:
- DARCL Logistics Ltd Gurgaon, Haryana
- ABT Ltd Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- M M Roadways Chennai, Tamil Nadu
In the medium fleet category:
- Sangha Freight Carrier Delhi
- New Raipur Roadways Bilaspur, Chattisgarh
- Madanshree Bulk Carriers Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Sri Balaji Transports Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- R R Logistics Indore, Madhya Pradesh
In the small fleet category:
- Choudhary Transport Shahpura, Rajasthan
- Royal Rajdhani Travels Imphal, Manipur
- Orient Mail Speed Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Shree Enterprises Mudhol, Karnataka
- SRS Travels Bangalore, Karnataka
Satish Sharma, Chief, India Operations, Apollo Tyres Ltd further added, â€œSeventy per cent of the goods transported in India are by road, making it the lifeline of the economy where millions of people and businesses rely on these fleets, and the quality of the nominations and the enthusiasm shown by the nominees show that the sector is truly in good hands. We are in the process of collating and creating small, and easy to understand, case studies of some of the best fleet operators. We intend to share these with the industry at large to enable others to follow some of the best practices already in place.â€
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Apollo