ERJ staff report (DS)
Tokyo - Zeon Corp has published its 2011 fact book - essentially its annual report.
The book shows that the company's elastomer sales grew until the year ended March 2008, then fell back heavily and recovered in the year to March 2010, but the recovery was to sales lower than in the year to March 2007.
Profits in the elastomer business, meanwhile are now at record levels of over 16 percent operating margin.
Capital expenditure in the elastomer business fell sharply in the two years to March 2011, though are likely to increase once more in the coming year.
The company lists its current capacity in elastomers as follows:
- ESBR 80,000t (Tokuyama plant)
- SSBR 55,000t (Tokuyama plant)
- BR 65,000t (Tokuyama plant)
- NBR 90 000t (60 kt at Tokuyama and Kawasaki Plants; 15kt each in the US and UK)
- HNBR 8000t (4kt each at Takaoka and the US)
- IR - 40,000t (Mizushima plant)
- Synthetic latex 92,500 kt (jointly at Tokuyama and Kawasaki Plants)
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Download 2011 factbook from Zeon