ERJ staff report (DS)
Milan, Italy -- The Pirelli Foundation, set up last year to preserve documents, images and memorabilia from the founding family of the company, has donated much of its collectin to the City of Milan. The documents are on show to thepublic outside Pirelli's headquarters in Milan.
The heart of the Pirelli Foundation is the Historic Archives, a collection of images, documents and design items from the 138 years of industrial history of the Pirelli Group
Among the materials are illustrations by Marcello Dudovich from the early nineteen hundreds, and the entire collection of Pirelli magazines from 1948 to 1972 with articles signed by, among others, Eugenio Montale, Alberto Moravia, Umberto Saba, Carlo Emilio Gadda, and Umberto Eco. All the materials kept in the Archives, which since 1972 have been under the protection of the Archival Superintendency due to their historic interest, are now available to students, researches and in general, the public interested in business history and culture.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Pirelli
Website of Pirelli Foundation (Italian language)