ERJ staff report (R&PN)
Houston, Texas -- â€œTradition, Innovation, Forward Visionâ€ will be the theme of the International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers' first conference in the Middle East.
The group's 51st Annual General Meeting in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, will take place April 14-15 and include speakers from the European Union, Dow Chemical Co., CMAI and other companies and institutions.
With Bruno Pary of Exxon Mobil Chemical Co., the IISRP international president, serving as host, the program will feature speakers focusing on economic and industrial development in the Middle East, according to James L. McGraw, IISRP managing director and CEO. Among the presenters will be:
- Matthew Thoelke, CMAI, discussing feedstocks;
- Tony Potter, CMAI, covering the outlook for petrochemicals in the Persian Gulf region;
- Laith Al Shebel and Saleh Al-Agili, NICDR, on industrial development in Saudi Arabia;
- Don Weintritt, Dow Chemical, discussing Dow's sustainability along the supply chain;
- Tetsunori Haraguchi, Toyota, reviewing advanced vehicle designs;
- Pascal Couasnon, Michelin, talking about the tyre maker's innovations and technology for improving performance;
- Robert Simmons, LMC, giving an overview of the impact of the U.S. trade tariffs on the global tyre trade; and;
- A panel discussion on the economic perspectives in the Gulf region.
The complete schedule of the event can be found at the institute's Web site, www.iisrp.org. Early registration runs through Jan 31.
From Rubber & Plastics News (A Crain publication)