Boston, Massachusetts--Cabot Corp. has confirmed more details of its proposed new carbon black plant in Tianjin, China. The project, originally announced 10 November, involves a new 50 kt/year plant to be built by a new joint venture company, Cabot Chemical (Tianjin) Company, Ltd. Cabot will own 70 percent of the new company, while Shanghai Coking and Chemical Company will own the remaining 30 percent. Cabot said its investment in the project would be $28 million.
Cabot and SCC already have an existing 70-30 joint venture, called Shanghai Cabot Chemical Co. Ltd.
The two partners said they are already applying to double capacity of the new plant, to 100 kt per year. The initial phase is due on stream in early 2006.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
People's Daily (China) story
Press release from Cabot