Las Vegas, Nevada – Continental AG's Commercial Specialty Tires (CST) business has added a line of solid tires to its growing portfolio of OTR tires.
Continental CST unveiled the solid "Telemaster" line, along with its growing range of ContiEarth earthmoving and mining tires, at the recent CONEXPO/CON-AGG trade show in Las Vegas.
In addition, Conti disclosed that all of its OTR tires are equipped with its "iTire" integrated pressure/temperature sensors that are tied to the firm's ContiPressureCheck system, which allows the machine operator to monitor inflation pressure and tire temperature in real time.
With the help of additional components, Conti said, the data can be visualized by handheld tool or display in the driver cabin.
"With the iTire, we prepare the path to the next service level," said Shawn Rasey, who is responsible for business development of Earthmover Tires at CST. "We want to enhance the efficiency and safety of vehicle fleets with a comprehensive tire management system."
In addition, Conti is preparing the next step in digital communication, dubbed "ContiFlexBox," which will enable users to collect tire-related data from the sensors and transmit them to a central server via Wi-Fi or GSM. This will enable the fleet operator to monitor vehicle data on a dashboard and will even send alerts for quick maintenance reactions.
The Telemaster line, which was launched at the show, was developed for the specific demands of Telehandlers — utility lifting machines equipped with a telescopic boom used in commercial and residential construction sites. It offers a high load capacity, long life and a non-directional tread pattern for mobility both on hard improved surfaces and looser ground.
The TeleMaster will be available in two sizes: 315/95-28 /8.50 and 360/85-28 /10.00. The line is produced at a Conti joint venture in Sri Lanka.
Conti's ContiEarth range, which consists of the EM-Master in E3/L3 and E4/L4 versions and RDT-Master lines, is designed for various vehicles and purposes in the earthmoving industry, Conti said. Tires from this line include:
• The EM-Master E3/L3. It offers a self-cleaning tread, traction and maneuverability that facilitate its use in muddy and soft terrain. An open tread design and 100-percent tread depth offer better cooling for a long service life.
• The EM-Master E4/L4, in contrast, is better suited for use in gravelly and rocky grounds. It features a greater block size with less spacing between the blocks and a deeper tread depth, which results in higher carcass protection and superior cutting resistance.
Other tires introduced at CONEXPO were:
• The RDT-Master which is designed to handle extra-heavy loads, Conti said. It features a deep tread depth and a wide, flat tread radius. The tread's angled edges and the open shoulder design allow for higher lateral stability. It will be available in the sizes 18.00R33, 21.00R33, 21.00R35 and 24.00R35 and is suitable for heavy-duty construction vehicles such as rigid dump trucks.
• The DumperMaster E4 which is an all steel radial designed for mine truck. Its tread pattern offers traction and abrasion resistance and high load-carrying capacity with increasing efficiency in material hauling.
• The MPT 70E which is an all-rounder for tough off-road and construction site jobs. It can be fitted on small construction machines such as small articulating bucket loaders, and features a tread design that provides a bi-directional traction for forward and backward movements as well as self-cleaning properties.
The majority of Conti's OTR tires are built in Romania.