(Rubber & Plastics News Report)
Montreal, Canada – Driving Innovation to Drive Markets will be the topic of discussion at the 2014 Rubber Recycling Symposium, set for 22-24 October in Montreal.
Canadian and international speakers will address “salient innovations and emerging trends in rubber recycling that have successfully driven markets to make them larger and more effective,” according to the sponsors of the symposium: Tire and Rubber Association of Canada, Retread Tire Association and the Rubber Manufacturers Association, along with host sponsor Recyc-Quebec, the provincial recycling agency of Quebec.
Topics scheduled and speakers are:
• Global Overview – Legislative and Regulatory Environment: Theresa McQuoid, executive director, Saskatchewan Scrap Tire Corp.; Tracey Norberg, senior vice president, RMA; Jean-Pierre Taverne, EU technical coordinator, End of Life Tyres, European Tyre & Rubber Manufacturers’ Association.
• End-of-Life Tire Management – What Works and What Doesn’t: Andrew Horsman, executive director, Ontario Tire Stewardship; Louis Gagné, research and planning, Recyc-Quebec; and John Sheerin, director, End of Life Tires, RMA.
• Rubber Recycling Standards – The Case for Harmonization: Michael Blumenthal, president, Marshay Inc.; and Jose Maria Bermejo, director, Recovery Market Development, SIGNUS.
• Innovations Panel A – Charlie Astafan, general manager, Columbus McKinnon Corp.; Daniel Kaute, president and CEO, Environmental Waste Int’l Inc.; and Zach Dryman, technology manager, Ontario Tire Stewardship.
• Innovations Panel B – Stephen Murphy, CEO, Phoenix Innovation Technology Inc.; Marvin Myhre, president, Canadian Rubber Testing and Development; and Jose Maria Bermejo, director, Recovery Market Development, SIGNUS.
A CEO panel discussion also will be held.
The symposium will be held in the Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel, 1 Place du Canada, Montreal, Quebec.
To register online for the event, visit the TRAC website here.
Symposium organisers said they are in the process of securing sponsors and exhibitors for the event.
More information about the symposium is available here.