ERJ staff report (DS)
Kuala Lumpur -- Malaysia's production of natural rubber (NR) in February 2008 was recorded at 115,469 tonnes, a decrease of 7.4% on February 2007. The smallholding sector contributed 95.0 percent of total production while the estate sector, the remaining 5.0%. Total production in the first two months of 2008 amounted to 239,922 tonnes, an increase of 3.1% when compared with the corresponding period in 2007.
Exports of Malaysian NR in February 2008 increased by 16.6% when compared with the same month of 2007. Standard Malaysian Rubber (S.M.R.) constituted 94.8% of total exports. Of the total S.M.R. exported, S.M.R. 20 accounted the highest, 43.1%.
Imports of NR amounted to 48,628 tonnes, up by 22.2% compared to that of the same month last year. The main type of rubber imported was latex concentrate which accounted for 55.7% of total imports in the reference month.
Domestic consumption of NR in February 2008 rose by 16.3% compared with the year-ago figure.
At the end of February 2008, stocks of NR held was 204,120 tonnes, an increase of 3.3% compared to that of the same month last year.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Malaysian Statistics office