Horgen, Switzerland--Dow Europe GmbH is to increase prices by up to 100 Euro per tonne across Europe for its range of elastomer polymers, and 150 Euro for compounds, effective 1 Oct. The company gave the following list of increases:
- by 100 Euro per tonne for all grades of its Affinity polyolefin plastomers and Engage polyolefin elastomers.
- by 100 Euro per tonne for all grades of Synthetic Rubber products.
- by 80 Euro per tonne for all grades of Nordel IP and MG hydrocarbon rubbers.
- by 70 Euro per tonne for all grades of Tyrin chlorinated polyethylene.
- and by an average of 150 Euro per tonne for all grades of Wire and Cable compounds.
Dow said, "With the uncertainty in the market place, current margins for Dow for performance plastomers & elastomers, specialty co-polymers, wire & cable and rubber products continue to deteriorate."
The company is increasing prices in the US by similar amounts
Press release from Dow
US-based story from Rubber & Plastics News (A Crain publication)