Hankook opens global production plant in Indonesia
ERJ staff report (LMH)
Seoul, Korea – Hankook Tire held the official opening ceremony for its seventh global manufacturing plant in West Java, Indonesia on 17 Sept.
The plant, Hankook’s seventh global production site, will act as an export base for the North America and Middle East markets, as well as a regional business hub for the emerging Asian market, with a capacity of 6 million tires per year, the tire maker said in a statement.
Of the total production capacity, some 30% will be allocated to the Indonesian domestic market, while the remaining 70% will be exported. The site, which covers an area of 60 hectares, includes a facility equipped to produce mainly passenger car tires, ultra-high-performance tires and light truck tires.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
News Release from Hankook Tire