ERJ staff report (BC)
London – The annual global rubber conference RubberCon will take place from 14-15 May 2014 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester, UK.
Abstracts of papers are invited from prospective contributors to two parallel streams:
Theme 1: Advanced engineering and modelling of rubber
• Rubber materials at the microstructural level
• Rubber materials under static, dynamic, time-dependent or cyclic loading
• Failure of rubber products from effects such as abrasion, ageing, fatigue, softening, catastrophic tearing, swelling or diffusion phenomena
• Manufacture of rubber products including the rheology of polymers during mixing, moulding or extrusion; examination of thermodynamic flow and models of crosslinking.
Theme 2: Materials developments
• Novel polymers, fillers or additives that can enhance performance
• Detailed mechanisms of filler reinforcement
• “Smart”, energy harvesting or actuating elastomer systems including liquid crystal elastomers; dielectric elastomer actuators
• Recycling initiatives
• Engineering solutions to meet future legislation.
These are external links and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Abstract submission (up to 250 words by 30 September)
Enquiries on participation or sponsorship to James Busfield