ERJ staff report (BC)
Tokyo – The Yokohama Rubber Co. has announced its motorsport plans for the coming season.
A statement said: “Seeing motorsports as a key aspect in its efforts to develop its global tire business, the company will strive to increase the degree of recognition of the Yokohama tire brand through a wide range of activities around the world. … It will also contribute to the growth, development and revitalisation of the auto industry and motorsports market.”
Major activities will include the following, including tire supply for some events:
• FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
• Super GT series
• GT Races: ADAC GT Masters; GT Asia; IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge; Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Rallying: FIA European Rally Championship (ERC); Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC); All Japan Rally Championship
• Endurance races: American Le Mans Series (ALMS); VLN Endurance Championship Nürburgring (VLN)/24 Hours of Nürburgring; Malaysia Merdeka Endurance Race (MMER); Super Taikyu Series (Japan)
• Formula races: Macau Grand Prix; Japanese Formula 3 Championship/ATS Formula 3 Cup in Germany; Super FJ (Japan); BRDC F4 (UK)
• Other races: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb; Baja 1000.
• Kart races: KF1 category of the All Japan Karting Championship; FP-Junior Cadet category of Japanese Junior Karting Championship and Asian Karting Open Championship
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.