ERJ staff report (DS)
Paris - Michelin is celebrating 25 years since it launched the first radial motorcycle tyres for use on the road.
In 1987, Michelin introduced the A59X and M59X radial tyres for motorcycles.
Following the Company's introduction of radial technology, the last 25 years have included some other Michelin innovations:
- 1992 - The use of 100% silica reinforced compounds in race tyres
- 1994 - The first two-compound 500 GP race tyre
- 1999 - The Michelin Pilot Sport is the first road tyre to use 100% silica compounds
- 2005 - The Michelin Power Race is the first road legal race tyre to use two-compound technology
- 2011 - The Michelin Pilot Road 3 is the first motorcycle tyre to use sipes
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Michelin UK