ERJ staff report (DS)
Tokyo -- Bridgestone Corp. said it has brougt forward the start of its expansion of production capacity (the 2nd phase expansion) at its Kitakyushu plant from April 2010, three months ahead of schedule. The 2nd phase expansion for large and ultralarge off-the-road radial tyres for construction and mining vehicles (â€œlarge and ultralarge ORR tyresâ€), previously announced on October 22, 2007, was originally scheduled to begin July 2010.
The comppany said demand for these products is growing, so it has decided to bring the expansion project forward. Bridgestone said that by the second half of 2012, when the expansion is planned to be completed, the output of the plant will be approximately 80 tons per day. Bridgestone is committed to enhancing its lineup of strategic products, including large and ultralarge ORR tyres, and will further increase its efforts to supply products that satisfy its customers' needs.
Outline of the new Bridgestone Kitakyushu Plant
1. Location: 2-2-2, Hibiki-cho, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture
2. Products produced: large and ultralarge off-the-road radial tires for construction and mining vehicles
3. Plant director: Akio Oobayashi
4. Site area: Approximately 206,000 square meters
5. Date production began: June, 2009
6. Number of employees: 329 (planned by 2012)
7. Production capacity (volume of new rubber): 80 tons/day (scheduled by 2nd half of 2012)
8. Investment: Approximately ¥58 billion (¥28.5 billion for the first investment announced on December 21, 2006, ¥29.5 billion for the second investment announced on October 22, 2007)
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Bridgestone