ERJ staff report (DS)
Tokyo -- Bridgestone Corp. and the FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) have jointly launched a new environmental campaign called â€œMake Cars Greenâ€.
The goal of the Make Cars Green initiative is to reduce the impact of motoring on the environment by promoting more environmentally-friendly and fuel-efficient driver behaviour by working together with Automobile Clubs of each country. The Make Cars Green campaign will communicate â€œ10 points for greener motoring*â€ throughout the world. Bridgestone will announce details of its programs in June, 2008.
*10 points for greener motoring
- Buy Green
- Plan your journey
- Check tyre pressures frequently
- Reduce loads and avoid the need for roof racks
- Don't warm up your engine before starting off
- Use air conditioning only when necessary
- Accelerate gently and keep your speed constant
- Use engine braking
- Don't idle your engine
- Offset your CO2 emissions