ERJ staff report (DS)
Washington DC -- On February 6, the Department of Commerce announced its affirmative preliminary determination in the antidumping duty investigation of imports of new pneumatic off-the-road tyres from the People's Republic of China (China). The department is currently scheduled to make its final determination in June 2008.
Commerce preliminarily determined that Chinese producers/exporters have sold new pneumatic off-the-road tyres in the United States at 10.98 to 210.48 percent less than fair value. As a result of this preliminary determination, Commerce will instruct US Customs and Border Protection to collect a cash deposit or bond based on these preliminary rates.
The ruling covers new pneumatic off-the-road tyres designed for off-the-road and off-highway use. The subject merchandise can be of tube-type or tubeless, radial or non-radial forms.
The main duties being imposed are as follows:
- Guizhou Tyre Co., Ltd./ Guizhou Advance Rubber; Guizhou Tyre Co., Ltd. 16.35%
- Hebei Starbright Tire Co., Ltd. 19.73%
- Tianjin United Tire & Rubber International Co., Ltd. 10.98%
- Xuzhou Xugong Tyre Co. Ltd. 51.81%
- Separate-Rate Respondents (see below) 24.75%
- PRC-Wide Entity 210.48%
The separate-rate manufacturers include:
- Aeolus Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Double Coin Group Rugao Tyre Co., Ltd.;
- Double Coin Group Shanghai Donghai Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Double Coin Holdings Ltd.;
- Double Happiness Tyre Industries Corp., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Feichi Co., Ltd.
- Laizhou Xiongying Rubber Industry Co., Ltd.
- Midland Off the Road Tire Co., Ltd.;
- Midland Specialty Tire Co., Ltd.;
- Oriental Tyre Technology Ltd.;
- Qingdao Eastern Industrial Group Co., Ltd.;
- Qingdao Hengda Tyres Co., Ltd.;
- Qingdao Qihang Tyre Co., Ltd.;
- Qingdao Qinghang Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Qizhou Rubber Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Shuanghe Tyre Co., Ltd.;
- Qingdao Yellowsea Tyre Factory;
- Shandong Huitong Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Jinyu Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Taishan Tyre Co., Ltd
- Shandong Wanda Boto Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Xingda Tyre Co. Ltd.;
- Shandong Xingyuan International Trade Co. Ltd.;
- Shandong Xingyuan Rubber Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Zhentai Tyre Co., Ltd.;
- Shangdong Xingda Tyre Co., Ltd.;
- Shifeng Double-Star Tire Co., Ltd.;
- Tenzhou Broncho Tyre Co., Ltd
- Triangle Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Weifang Longtai Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Wendeng Sanfeng Tyre Co., Ltd.
- Xingyuan Tyre Group Co., Ltd.
- Xu Zhou Xugong Tyres Co., Ltd.
- Xuzhou Hanbang Tyres Co., Ltd.
- Zhaoyuan Leo Rubber Co., Ltd.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Press release from Department of Commerce