New York costumier Janet Bloor has written a book about rubber, covering some of its industrial applications as well as the fetish and fashion appeal of this material. Bloor, according to the publicity, runs a New York costume and fabric effects company, specialising in silicone rubber textiles for Broadway and film.
Table of contents
- Rubber Soul: A history of rubber, its origins in South America and brief scientific explanation;
- Rubber Ducky: Baby toys, balls and balloons;
- Second Skins: Fashion and footwear;
- A Way of Life: Household products, both retro and contemporary;
- Doppelganger: its ability to mimic and mould;
- Rubber Banned: Adult toys, contraceptives and rubber fetishism;
- Giant Steps: future of rubber, recycling and returning to using natural rubber.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Publisher's website (UK)