London – The new Journey to Automation (J2A) Awards programme has been boosted by the addition of a number of top experts in the fields of industrial automation and logistics to the judging panel.
Organised by ERJ magazine, the J2A Awards will recognise progress and achievements in the digital transformation of:
• Tire manufacture
• Tire design/technology
• Tire supply & distribution
• Industry/product sustainability
A feature of the judging panel is the inclusion of independent specialists, who will assess J2A project entries from an industrial-automation perspective.
This role will, in particular, be led by:
• Pieter van der Klooster, Director of International Business Development, ISA (International Society of Automation)
• Nikesh Mistry, Sector Head - Industrial Automation, GAMBICA
• Charlotte Stonestreet, Editor, Controls, Drives & Automation
• Dr. Harald Weber, Project Manager for Technology & Innovation, VDMA Plastics and Rubber Machinery
Meanwhile, Malory Davies, a renowned journalist and expert in the field of logistics, will lead the judging of projects relating to the digitalisation of the tire industry supply-chain.
The J2A Awards will be staged as part of The Tire Cologne international trade fair, organised by Koelnmesse, 9-12 June 2020, at Messe Cologne in Cologne, Germany.
The awards will culminate in a day of presentations on the 11 June at a forum for short-listed projects.
The announcement of winners will be accompanied by a panel discussion on the future direction of the tire manufacturing and supply-chain sectors in the digital era.
The deadline for submissions of award entries is 11 March 2020.
Entries are invited individually, or jointly as partners in a project, from:
• Tire manufacturers, distributors, retailers
• Automation vendors and suppliers of IT services to the tire industry
• Suppliers of equipment and/or materials to the tire industry
• Suppliers of systems used in handling and distribution of finished tires
• Service/support organisations involved in any of the above activities