Seriate, Italy – Fintyre has been awarded the tender to supply of tires for public transport vehicles to ATM - Azienda Trasporti Milanes, the Italian tire distributor announced 2 July.
The European Fintyre Distribution Group company said it will supply “more than 6,000 tires - Pirelli and the Goodyear Dunlop group –“ to ATM over the next three years,
The tires will be fitted on around 600 vehicles: 90% will be used for heavy vehicles, with the remaining 10% to be used for light vehicles.
The deal is an “opportunity to work with ATM… for the constant renewal and innovation of public transport", commented Francesco Carantani, CEO of Fintyre.
European FinTyre Distribution Ltd is a pan-European distributor of replacement tires with a turnover of €1.1 billion and more than 1,300 employees.
Owned by Bain Capital Private Equity, the company was developed to help consolidate the distribution space for replacement tires across Europe.
The equity firm acquired Fintyre in March 2017, German companies Reiff Tyre Group in September 2017 and Reifen Krieg Group in June 2018.