ERJ staff report (DS)
Beijing -- Chinese companies have announced plans to add a total of around 200 kt/year capacity for isoprene rubber to the existing capacity of just 45 kt/year over the next few years.
Total demand in 2011 was around 72 kt met partially by imports. In recent months six companies have announced expansion plans which could bring total capacity in the country to 250 kt/year.
- Zibo Luhua Hong Jin Chemical 50,000 tons / year
- Yanshan Petrochemical 30,000 tons / year
- Jilin Chemical Company 50,000 tons/year
- Qingdao Yike Si in Fushun 40,000 tons / year
- Qingdao Yike Si in Panjin 30,000 tons / year
- Win Holdings 30,000 tons / year in Qingdao, as the first stage of a larger project
A long report on the website of the CRIA said isoprene rubber is used mainly in the manufacture of truck tyres, as a substitute for natural rubber in proportions of around 20 percent.
The growth in demand comes as a result of the high prices of natural rubber
This is an external link and should open in a new window. If the window does not appear, please check your pop-up blocking software. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
News story from CRIA (Chinese language)
Above story auto-translated (from Chinese language)