Kuala Lumpur - Thanks to record prices, output of NR in Malaysia for the 12 months to March was up by 84 percent. However, volumes fell in march compared to February, according to official statistics.
Malaysia's NR output in March 2006 amounted to 118 713 tonnes, down by 3137 tonnes or 2.6 percent compared to the previous month. Year-on-year, production recorded an increase of 84.2 percent. The smallholding sector contributed 95.0 percent of total production while the estate sector, the remaining 5.0 percent. For the period January - March 2006, cumulative production amounted to 343 509 tonnes.
Exports increased by 28.7 percent when compared with February 2006. An increase of 12.4 percent was recorded year-on-year. The main type of rubber exported was the Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR) which accounted for 94.0 percent of total exports.
This is an external link and should open in a new window. ERJ is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Statistics from Malaysian government
Natural rubber production down 2.6pc in March Daily Express (East Malaysia)