Conference on the 'Filler Reinforcement of Rubber'
- including all aspects of fillers and filler-rubber interaction
Tuesday 14th September 2004 at the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3*), London
Organised by the Rubber in Engineering Committee of the Plastics and Rubber Board of the IOM3.
Particulate fillers perform an essential role in strengthening certain elastomers and in adjusting other mechanical and electrical properties. Fillers also play a key part in the processing characteristics of unvulcanised rubber.
The conference will cover current and emerging science and technology
in the fields of fillers and fillers in rubber. All filler types will be covered. Single page abstracts of at least 100 words are invited for submission to this event (address below ).
* Insights, understanding and current theories
* Practical issues and current technology
* Case histories
* New and emerging technology
* Mechanical and thermo-mechanical behaviour
* Electro-magnetic effects
* Characterisation of filler and elastomer-filler systems - including advanced analytical tools
* Surface phenomena, surface modification and coupling agents
* Active rubber-filler systems
Please submit abstracts by Friday 5th March 2004 to:
Vince Coveney (Sec. to Rubber in Engineering Committee)
Faculty of CEMS (N Block)
University of the West of England
Bristol BS16 1QY